History of the school

 

This school became a government school in 1948. Two new buildings were built up in the period of 1950-1951 and a building for clay work. Weaving and wood work was built in 1954. Mr. Premadasa became the principal of this school and he was famous for volleyball from the beginning.

After recognizing the two schools of the area, named Kolonnawa Terrans N De Silva College for girls and Kolonnawa Ananda college for grls, Later the Ananda college was named as Kolonnawa girls school.
 
on 14th of May 1964, the school started with, 684 students and 18 teachers. Miss Vijitha Jayasekera became the acting principal at the beginnig and Mrs. D.S. Dhanasekera assumed duties as the first principal on 14th June 1964. The members of the teaching staff increased up to 88 and the number of students were 2200 by 1983. School came to a higher position due to firm determination and dedication of the staff and the principal.
 
G.C.E. (A/L) commerce and Arts subjects’ streams were started in 1970. In 1979 Mr. D.S. Weerasinghe Mallimarachchi helped to upgrade the school as 1AB school. This school was named as a national school on 6th of May 1997.

 


News

Grade Five Scholarship Exam results - 2014

The English Day 2013 was held on 12th July 2013

Links